Friday, January 29, 2010

The Essence of John Mayer

If you are a celebrity with your own fragrance (or fragrances) you are about to receive a serious verbal beat-down. JOHN MAYER is taking aim at the whole celebrity fragrance phenomenon and he really hits the bullseye. Check out what he has to say about it:

"I'm not diversifying in terms of selling anything. I'm not selling 'John Mayer: the cologne'. If I did it would just smell like sausage and sleep. I don't look at my fans and think, 'Wow, they really like what I do musically. Imagine if I could get 60 more dollars out of them!'

"Who out there really goes, 'You know what, I just (effing) love perfumes. I always have since I was a kid. If I weren't a pop singer, I'd be a perfumier . . .'? At some point I may turn into an (A-hole), but right now I just peddle a CD for $15 dollars every two years."

Honestly, I don't know why so many people think John Mayer is a jerk. I happen to think he's funny. And a lot of his little commentaries on life - this one included - are SPOT-ON.

Jeff @ NOW2K

No comments:

Post a Comment